Pages

Saturday 10 October 2015

Yay, we won!

On Wednesday 16th of September, it was our last final basketball game.

My friend Dhon came with me because he had no transport to the Tamaki Recreation center.

My dad drove us to Tamaki Recreation center. It was funny because Dhon and I got changed in the van while my dad was driving.

When we got to tamaki Recreation center. I went on the courts to shoot some hoops.

All the teams turned up, coach Shawn came and taught us some tips for the game. our first tip was to concentrate on our shooting and our dribbling.

I got three shots in. Then there were only three minutes left before our game starts. We trained until our time was up.

Our other coach Michael chose the people to play in the first quarter game. He chose Dhon, R.J and I to go on first. Our jumper is Dhon. He jumped as high as the longest high jumper in the world. However they got the ball. They worked hard but it was a turnover because they double dribbled. Double dribbling is when you bounce the ball with two hands but you are supposed to bounce with one hand and then switch.

I scored a goal when we had the turnover. All of a sudden, my teammate R.J Hurt himself because he crashed into a
nother player. That’s when the ball came right at my face.

My nose was bleeding so I was called off the court. My coach told me that I will play in the second half. Miss Chao (my teacher) gave me an ice pack to cool down my nose to stop the bleeding.

The first half soon ended and we had two injured players. We had a minute break. I took a drink and I went to the toilet.

My coach put me on the court again at second half. It was our inbound. Rhonda pass it to my teammate Glen and Glen and Dhon work together and they scored. After that, there were only 8 minutes left.

We played as hard as we could and then finally I scored again. I scored four points.

When the game ended, we shook hands with Glen Taylor players and our score was 12 and Glen Taylor had 8 points.

I had an awesome time playing our last game of the season. When we versed against Glen Taylor, it was the best game ever because both teams tried their best to take out the final game.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
I know I can do this when I use an appropriate simile in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.