Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

Best birthday party ever!

On Saturday, my family and I went to the beach and we had bbq and a feed. It was also a surprise birthday party celebration for my cousin who turned 15 years old . I had so much fun because I had the opportunity to smack the pinata with my bare hands. I smacked it 11 times before it finally broke and lots of lollies came raining down on me.


Then we heard my dad and uncle calling us to come and eat. We excitedly walked towards the table full of yummy food. My dad told me to say the grace before meals. I gladly did it because I could not wait to eat, I was hungry!


We also had a pleasant surprise because my aunt arrived from Oamaru which is down in the south Island. She came to attend my cousin's birthday and to visit our relatives. She will be staying in Auckland for two weeks. We will all miss her when she goes back.


After we had food my cousin’s and I decided to go for a swim. We did not stay in the water for long because it was still too cold.I was shivering from the cold so I ran to get a towel and wrapped it around my body to keep me warm and dry. Then I joined my cousin’s playing cricket. We had so much fun.


Finally it was time to pack and go home. Everybody helped in putting leftover food in containers and tidying up the place. We all went home very happy, it was the best party ever.

WALT use language features correctly in my recount. 
I know this when I use verbs and time words correctly in my writing.
,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.