Pages

Monday 31 August 2015

It was fun playing against Glen Taylor School!

On Wednesday the 5th of August, we had an after school basketball. game. I had to tell my teammate that we are going on the car. He said, “Yes”. So he got his P.E gear from his mum. Then my dad was waiting for him by the office. Then he came to the car and my dad drove us to the Tamaki Recreation Centre.


After my dad dropped us off, Dhon and I went to the bathroom to changed. Dhon and I got changed as fast as lightning. When we came out of the bathroom, we went straight onto the courts for our practice . Then Shawn came over to us  to provide us with some before game training.


He instructed us to dribble with our right hand before we dribble with our left hand. He gave the basketballs to the children and the person that doesn’t have the ball had to steal the ball from the person that has the ball in his hand. We played this as a warm up. Then we shot some balls and then we went back to him.


Then Shawn asked us,”Do you want to play offence and defence.” We all said,”Yes.” We trained with Panmure Bridge. It was a lot of fun learning new skills and I even managed to block one of the balls when Panmure Bridge had it. After our training, we waited for the year 7 and 8’s game to start and watch year 7 and 8’s game. I liked the part when Kolio stole the ball off from the other team, ran like a jet and shot a goal for the team. After he shot the goal the game ended the year 7 and 8 took a rest.


After that it was time for the year 5 and 6’s to play our game. The game started when the referee blew his whistle, my teammate jumped for the ball for us. My team got the ball and I passed it to Launoa then Launoa pass it back to me. I bounced the ball and scored a goal for my team. When they were on the inbound, I laughed because they didn’t chuck the ball into the inbound the inbound, instead the girl that had the ball chucked it inside the court. After she chucked the ball, it was half time.


It was the final chance to drink some water and have a quick rest. Miss Chao and Michael gave us a quick pep talk. When the half time was finish. When the game started again, we had the inbound. When the umpire blew the whistle, my teammate and I worked together with the girls.


Then It was their inbound. They always pass it towards the goal so they could score. They worked hard but they didn’t score because the ball went out. There was only 15 minutes left and we played our best. I scored a goal for my team, only 3 minutes left before the game is over. I quickly passed the ball to Glen then Glen shot the ball and it went in. Then the game was over.

I had a great time playing with my team and I hope we win next time as well.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
I know I can do this when I use appropriate verbs in my writing to make it more interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.